There was an error in this gadget

Monday, April 16, 2012

NAHL Division Finals: My picks

By: Joey Battaino

Well, with my picks in round one, I proved that I don't know anything about the division I work in and I don't stay up late. I struck out on both picks in the North and the West. Then again 6 out of 10 isn't too bad. You guys act like i'm some kind of expert or something. Here's some more picks to put zero stock into.

CENTRAL

1 Bismarck Bobcats vs. 3 Austin Bruins


This series is going to be a beauty. Lots of skill on both sides. Interesting to see which style defense wins out. Bismarck with the run and gun or Austin with the physical stay at home. I like Bismarck in 5

MIDWEST


1 St. Louis vs. 3 Springfield Jr. Blues


St. Louis gets back to the Robertson Cup by using their big D (Garret Peterson, Wes Elrod) to neutralize Springfield's physical forwards (Gavin Tufte, Kyle Cook) St. Louie in 4

NORTH

1 Port Huron Fighting Falcons vs. 2 Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings

Port Huron got great goaltending in round 1 from Max Milosek. Will that continue into round 2? I'm not sure of it. K-Zoo can shoot the lights out. And they will in this series, winning in 4 games.

SOUTH

1 Amarillo Bulls vs. 2 Topeka RoadRunners

This is war folks. To say these two teams don't like each other is an understatement. The fans don't like each other, the front offices don't even like each other. Topeka went as far as to put Amarillo Bulls stickers in their urinals last season. (You get the picture) This will go 5, but I like Topeka on the road to get it done.

WEST

 1 Fairbanks Ice Dogs vs. 2 Wenatchee Wild 


I clearly underestimated both of these teams in the first round. Alaska wet the bed by giving in after building a 2-1 lead in the series. I like Fairbanks and only because of their lousy playoff format over in the West. Fairbanks in 4


This is my personal blog and in no way does it reflect the views of the Michigan Warriors, the NAHL, or any of it's franchises.  

No comments:

Post a Comment